- Beware the Apostrofly! says Pedantique-Ryter
- Pedantique-Ryter: English Daftisms
- Pedantique-Ryter: who or whom?
- Pedantique-Ryter: may or might?
- Pedantique-Ryter: Exclamation Marks Shriek
- Pedantique-Ryter: Less is More. Or Is It Fewer?
- Halloween imports we could do without? A Damely rant
- Pedantique-Ryter : Between You and I? Better than me?
- Right word : wrong place? Pedantique-Ryter rants
- Pedantique-Ryter : changing meanings, right and wrong
- Pedantique-Ryter: Could Have or Could Of?
- Pedantique-Ryter rants about incomprehensible words
- Incoherent English : a Pedantique-Ryter Rant
- Criteria for Plural Phenomenon : Pedantique-Ryter rants
- Clarity : Language Use and Misuse : Pedantique-Ryter rants
- Back ranting: Pedantique-Ryter leads the cavalry charge
- Pedantique-Ryter rants on “It Cannot Continue”
Do you use exclamation marks? Often? Maybe too often??!!!
Some readers HATE exclamation marks
Exclamation marks used to be all the rage. Once.
But tastes change and, nowadays, some readers count exclamation marks and scream abuse on all the social media platforms if they think an author has used too many. Quite a few of my clients — including bestselling authors — have suffered at the hands of the exclamation mark police. And many have sworn, as a result, never to use an exclamation mark again.
Ever. Continue reading