- Cover Design and the Self-published Author
- An International Cover Story
- Designer Brief from Self-Publisher
- The mental image of a character : the influence of covers
- Female images : the message on romance covers?
- Designer Stubble: the Bane of Regency Book Covers
- Making Covers Work for You, the Author
- Covers: should images be historically accurate?
- A Close Shave (or the gentle art of Pogonomotomy)
- Series Covers : but what says Series Covers to readers?
Cover design is a whole new area for me. Before I self published, I sold my stories to big publishers. The cover was part of the deal. Sometimes a good part.
First Pitfall — Absent Author
Sometimes not so much. The Author’s input back then generally consisted of doing a précis of the story and describing the characters’ looks. The designer made of that what he/she would. It could be pretty weird. The cover design where the heroine’s only identifiable feature was a bad case of measles is burned into my soul.