- Servants on the Page: the Downton Conundrum
- Footmen: the Curse of Manly Calves in Silk Stockings
- Female servants: overworked and underpaid?
- Regency Gowns: Who Would be a Seamstress?
- The Housekeeper, Good or Otherwise. And a competition
So here we are again, at the beginning of another November. At this time of the year the winter sun shines directly into my kitchen window. It acts as a spotlight to any dust or marks that I have missed. And I miss a lot.
Oh dear, I do not think I would make a very good housekeeper! I would much rather be reading a book.
And talking of books, at the end of this piece there is the chance for you to win a few (four!) plus extra goodies.