- The Writer’s Dog : Guest Blog by Anne Gracie
- Finding Your Hero: Guest Blog by Louise Allen
- The Reader Writer Connection: Guest Blog by Sue Moorcroft
- The Amateur Sleuth: Guest Blog by Lesley Cookman
- Confessions of a Country House Tour Guide: Guest Blog by Nicola Cornick
- Romantic Series: Guest Blog by Sarah Mallory
- Jane Austen: Emotion in the Shrubbery
- Do you speak Oz? Guest Post by Janet Gover
- YA Heroes: Deliciously Bad? Guest Post by Pia Fenton
- Romantic Comedy — Guest Post by Alison May
- New Heyer Stories? Guest Post by Jennifer Kloester
- Handcuffed? Research? Guest Post by Patricia McLinn
- Fantasy research: sweat the small vampires? Kate Johnson guests
- Katie Fforde & Research: Guest Blog
- Sugar tongs at dawn? Elizabeth Rolls guests
- Gritty Saga Research: Jean Fullerton guests
- Elizabethan York without Dung? Pamela Hartshorne guests
- Love among the Thrillers: Alison Morton guests
- My Hairy-Chested Hero : Guest Blog by Christina Hollis
- Veronica the crafty companion : Guest blog by Judy Astley
- Writer’s Pet? Sort of — Guest blog by Catherine Jones
- Puppy Love : Guest Blog by Jane Godman
- Am I surviving the writer’s survival kit?
- Jenni Fletcher guest blog : the writer in lockdown
- Before The Crown there was a love story
- Yikes, I’ve won the Libertà Award : Guest Blog by Kate Hardy
As a follow-up to last weekend’s blog on the virtual ceremony for the RNA Awards 2021, this week we’re delighted to be able to welcome Kate Hardy, the winner of the LIbertà Books Shorter Romantic Novel Award 2021 for A Will, A Wish and A Wedding.
Kate is an old mate of the Libertà hive. She was one of the very kind authors who welcomed the then unpublished newbie, Joanna Maitland, to her very first RNA meeting. That was well over 20 years ago and Kate says she doesn’t remember. But Joanna does and is still grateful.
Kate’s hangers-on, Archie (the big one) and Dexter, rejoice in the title of Edit-paw-ial Assistants.
More from them later.
Keep reading, as Kate tells us about how she became a published author and how she came to write the lovely butterfly-filled book that won our award.
Kate Hardy writes…
I’m thrilled to be here, as the winner of the 2021 Libertà Books Shorter Romantic Novel Award. It’s a glorious collision of numbers: for my 90th M&B, in my 20th year of being a M&B author and my 25th year of being a member of the RNA. And it’s also the third time I’ve won the award. As the photo below shows, I really wasn’t expecting it — and I’m so delighted!